What is Business Watch?
Business Watch is a unique program, designed for the businesses, that establishes a formal network of communication between businesses in a specific area, their employees, and law enforcement regarding crime related problems in local business strips.
Business Watch is designed to meet the particular needs of businesses within Alachua County. It is essential to determine what part of the program best applies to your particular business. There is something to be gained by every business involved.
Business Watch is designed to provide:
- Provides training so that owners and employees become aware of their vulnerability to certain types of crime.
- Provides a working knowledge of the law and how it applies to their needs (example: shoplifting, trespass, etc.)
- Provides information on the utilization of crime prevention techniques.
- Business Watch provides a link between neighboring businesses.
- Business Watch initiates interaction to target problems and reach solutions.
- Networking gives participating businesses a quick reference to contact neighboring businesses.
- Business Security:
- Techniques to secure your place of business.
- Reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim of crime
- Business Watch provides a vehicle for crime prevention deputies to educate and guide small business owners, and employees in many areas offered at the click of a button.
Our Business Watch coordinator and is certified by the State of Florida Attorney General's Office to assist your business in suggesting safe guards to better protect you and your business. For more information contact the Business Watch coordinator at: (352) 374-1800.
Crime Prevention/Business Security Brochure