The inmate release process is a cooperative effort of the Clerk of the Court, Security, and Booking staff; several steps and verifications are required.
Several factors can delay the release of an inmate and must be rectified prior to allowing the inmate’s release.
The following factors can delay inmate releases.
- Inconsistencies or errors on court documents
- Registration and/or testing requirements
- Active warrants or other open processes
- Delays in receiving documents due to heavy court dockets
- Holds or detainers in other jurisdictions
- Electronic monitoring requirements
- Hearings held after bond posting such as Nebbia hearings that must be done before release
- Establishment of acceptable living arrangements as required by the Judge
- Medical emergencies, fights, lock-downs, technical issues affecting Jail security